What are the benefits of using gluedown LVT or Click LVT?
Choosing between gluedown Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT) and click LVT, such as amtico, Karndean and floorify can be a crucial decision when it comes to flooring options for your space. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but in this detailed comparison, we will focus on the benefits of gluedown LVT over click LVT.
1. Durability: Gluedown LVT tends to be more durable than click LVT. The adhesive used for gluedown installations creates a strong bond between the tile and the subfloor, ensuring that the tiles stay firmly in place. This can make it less susceptible to wear and tear, especially in high-traffic areas. Click LVT, on the other hand, relies on interlocking mechanisms, which can sometimes lead to seams separating under heavy use.
2. Stability: Gluedown LVT offers better stability because it adheres directly to the subfloor. This stability prevents shifting, gaps, or movement, which can occur with click LVT, especially when exposed to temperature fluctuations or humidity changes. Gluedown LVT remains flat and secure over time.
3. Moisture Resistance: Gluedown LVT often provides superior moisture resistance. The adhesive used in this installation method creates a moisture barrier between the tiles and the subfloor. This is particularly advantageous in areas prone to moisture, such as bathrooms and kitchens. Click LVT, with its interlocking joints, may not offer the same level of moisture resistance, as water can seep into the seams.
4. Seamless Appearance: One of the key benefits of gluedown LVT is its seamless appearance. Since there are no visible gaps or seams between tiles, it provides a smoother and more cohesive look. Click LVT, in contrast, has visible joints between tiles, which can disrupt the overall aesthetics, especially in larger rooms.
5. Sound Insulation: Gluedown LVT often offers better sound insulation. The adhesive layer absorbs and dampens sound, reducing noise transmission between floors. This is especially important in multi-story buildings or homes where noise control is a concern. Click LVT may transmit more sound due to the small gaps between tiles.
6. Design Options: Gluedown LVT typically provides a wider range of design options. Since it doesn’t rely on click mechanisms, it can come in various sizes, shapes, and formats, including intricate patterns and custom designs. Click LVT is limited to the size and format of the click system, which may restrict design creativity.
7. Repairability: Gluedown LVT can be easier to repair in the event of damage. Individual tiles can be removed and replaced without affecting the entire floor. With click LVT, if one tile is damaged or needs replacement, it may be challenging to remove and replace without affecting nearby tiles.
8. Installation Over Subfloor Imperfections: Gluedown LVT is more forgiving when it comes to subfloor imperfections. The adhesive can help level out minor irregularities, ensuring a smoother and more even surface. Click LVT may require a more level subfloor to function correctly, and subfloor imperfections can affect the integrity of the interlocking system.
9. Commercial Use: Gluedown LVT is a popular choice for commercial applications due to its durability and stability. It can withstand heavy foot traffic and is often recommended for commercial spaces. Click LVT, while suitable for residential use, may not hold up as well in high-traffic commercial areas.
10. Longevity: Gluedown LVT tends to have a longer lifespan. The strong adhesive bond ensures that the tiles stay in place for many years, making it a cost-effective long-term flooring solution. Click LVT may be more prone to wear and tear over time, leading to the need for replacement sooner.
11. Compatibility with Underfloor Heating: Gluedown LVT is often compatible with underfloor heating systems, providing efficient heat transfer through the adhesive layer. Click LVT may not distribute heat as effectively due to the gaps between tiles, which can lead to uneven heating.
12. Low Profile: Gluedown LVT typically has a lower profile compared to click LVT. This can be advantageous when transitioning between rooms with different flooring types or when installing it alongside existing floor coverings, such as carpet.
13. Less Expansion and Contraction: Gluedown LVT is less prone to expansion and contraction due to changes in temperature and humidity. The adhesive layer helps stabilize the tiles, reducing the risk of gaps forming between them. Click LVT, with its floating installation, may be more susceptible to dimensional changes.
14. Environmental Considerations: Some gluedown LVT products use low-VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) adhesives, which can contribute to better indoor air quality. Additionally, the longer lifespan of gluedown LVT may result in fewer replacement materials and less waste over time.
In summary, gluedown LVT offers several advantages over click LVT, including enhanced durability, stability, moisture resistance, seamless appearance, and design versatility. These benefits make it an excellent choice for both residential and commercial spaces where long-lasting, reliable flooring is essential. However, it’s important to consider the specific requirements of your project and your personal preferences when choosing between the two installation methods.
Have a browse of our LVT section on our website and look through what amtico, Karndean and floorify have to offer. Then I advise visiting one of our showrooms to see a vast selection of our LVT flooring in person. As you step into one of our showrooms, you’ll be greeted with a world of possibilities. You can touch and feel the texture, admire the rich colours and truly appreciate the craftsmanship. Our knowledgeable staff is there to provide insights and guidance. It’s the perfect opportunity to explore the diverse range of styles and finishes, ensuring you make an informed decision that will elevate your space.
So why wait?
Don’t hesitate, contact us for any assistance…